Senior Law Project
Senior Legal Helpline
Free legal help for North Carolinians aged 60 years or older
Monday - Friday: 9-11 a.m. & 1-3 p.m.
Know your rights
- Spot and stop elder abuse
- Advance Directives: Don't wait till it's too late!
- Domestic violence includes elder abuse
- Know your rights in nursing homes
- Joint bank accounts: A matter of trust
- Sexual assault in nursing homes
- Seniors and powers of attorney
Legal Aid of North Carolina's Senior Law Project provides free civil legal help to North Carolinians who are 60 years of age or older.
The Senior Law Project helps with:
- Wills and powers of attorney
- Public benefits: Medicaid, food stamps, Supplemental Security Income Program, Social Security Disability Insurance and more
- Abuse and neglect
- Unemployment compensation
- Housing: Foreclosure, eviction, subsidized housing, repairs, utilities, etc.
- Consumer issues
- Wrongful repossession.
The Senior Law Project operates our Senior Legal Helpline, a toll-free hotline available for seniors across the state.
The project can serve seniors of all income levels, but we prioritize clients with the greatest need.